SCHOOL ADMISSIONS SERVICES
Setting the Course
- Patti will work with you to understand your student’s educational profile and your family profile. You and your student will engage in some simple exercises to uncover what you need and want in a school. Then, Patti will support you in the following ways:
- Based on her knowledge of the schools in the area, she will provide a curated list of schools for you to consider, outlining the reasons that each may be a good match for your family.
- Provide you with a schedule of Open Houses to attend and with a list of contacts for scheduling visit days.
- Support the decision process. As you attend these events, we will have three meetings over the admissions season to assist in drilling down on your impressions of each school, what you have learned about each school, and what feels like a good match.
- Finalize a list of schools. At the end of this process, you will have a strong sense of which schools are the best match for your student, and you’ll be able to articulate this to the school’s admissions team.
- Via email, phone calls, and zoom or in person meetings, Patti will provide the following help:
- Review your materials and make suggestions about crafting the application, essays, and parent statements to help your student stand out as a strong candidate; authentically communicate challenges your student has; and communicate your understanding of the school’s mission and purpose. After you draft, Patti provides feedback to ensure you are submitting the best applications possible.
- Provide support in navigating online application systems, such as Ravenna and SSS.
- Develop application timeline including an entrance testing plan, if needed.
- Provide guidance in how (and when) to ask for teacher or coach recommendations.
- Work with you to draft a list of questions to ask the admissions office.
- Prepare you and/or your student for the admissions interview and/or visit day; helping you think about what the admissions teams are looking for and what you hope to share about yourselves.
- Reach out to the admissions offices with initial questions related to the potential match between your student and the school; follow up to advocate for your application.
- Assist after decision letters to sort through acceptances and help to navigate waitpools,
Full Admissions Counseling Package
PRE-SCHOOLVerge can help you navigate the many preschool philosophies and choices in the Seattle area.
K-5Elementary school is an important foundational time. Verge can help find the right match and school community for your family.
MIDDLE SCHOOLAdolescents are their own people, who become highly focused on identifying with their peers while still needing parent/guardian support and guidance. Verge can help you find the middle school program that will strengthen and stretch your student.
HIGH SCHOOLStudents entering high school are likely to have a strong sense of what they want and need for their last few years of K-12 schooling. Verge can help you find the right environment for this phase of their educational journey.